Heatwave hits Melbourne
By Meeghan, 5 February, 2009
While the heatwave may be over, Summer still has some way to go. Here’s my tips for training and maintaining your cool.
- Sip on water all day, particularly on the days you have personal training.
- Avoid soft drinks high in sugar as these will only increase your dehydration and won’t actually quench your thirst.
- After exercising put an icepack wrapped in a wet tea towel on your body to cool you down.
- Keep out of the sun between 11am and 3pm to prevent sunburn and heatstroke.
- Be sensible; keep the exercise habit going but reduce the length of training and/ or the intensity.