Stay strong and healthy this winter
By Meeghan, 7 July, 2008
Winter is well and truly here but how do we keep those colds and bugs away? Here’s a few tips.
• Enjoy a small yoghurt, with beneficial bacteria at least once a day.
• Add garlic to everything - it has anti-viral and antibacterial properties.
• Drink as much water or herbal tea as you can to rid the body of toxins.
• Chicken soup fights colds according to research from the University of Nebraska Medical Centre.
• Wholegrain cereals and breads are packed with vitamins and minerals.
• Vitamin D, found in sunlight, assists with healthy immune function. So put on your sneakers, grab a work colleague and walk outside during lunchtime in search of some rays.
• An apple a day keeps the doctor away and oranges are full of Vitamin C, which help white blood cells fight infection.