Traditional chicken laksa with a healthy twist
By Meeghan, 13 June, 2013
I must confess laksa is one of my very favourite guilty pleasures but due to the high saturated fat content I rarely eat it. However this traditional chicken laksa is delicious, easy to make and will serve four people. And with a few twists we can make this dish a lot healthier.
- Use ‘skinless’ chicken breast fillets
- Buy ‘reduced or low salt’ pre-made chicken stock
- Buy ‘reduced fat’ coconut milk and use only 200ml
- Add a small amount of tofu
- Reduce the amount of palm sugar used and add chilli and coriander for extra flavour